EU EORI Number Request
What is an EORI number?
An EU EORI number is a tax identification number. It is based on European law and meant to identify businesses that are importing products from outside of the EU.
(EORI number = Economic Operators Registration and Identification number).
This number allows economic operators in all member states to be identified in the same manner.
COMPANYNL CAN ARRANGE YOUR EU EORI NUMBER GUARANTEED IN 5 BUSINESS DAYS
Format of the EORI number
The EORI number exists out of two parts:
- the country code of the issuing Member State; followed by
- a code or number that is unique in the Member State.
Who needs an EORI number?
- Any economic operator established in the customs territory of the Union needs, for customs purposes, an EORI number.
- Economic operators not established in the customs territory of the Union also need an EORI for a number of different situations.
- to lodge a customs declaration in the customs territory of the Union;
- to submit an Entry Summary Declaration (ENS):
- to lodge an Exit Summary Declaration (EXS):
- to lodge a temporary storage declaration in the customs territory of the Union:
- act as a carrier for the purposes of transport by sea, inland waterway or air;
- act as a carrier who is connected to the customs system and wishes to receive any of the notifications provided for in the customs legislation regarding the lodging or amendment of entry summary declarations.
Persons other than economic operators shall be registered in the following situations:
- where such registration is required by the national legislation of a Member State;
- where the person engages in operations for which an EORI number must be provided according to the EU customs legislation.
It is irrelevant if the economic operator is a company (legal person) or a natural person.
How can you request an EORI number?
- persons established in the customs territory of the Union should request the assignment of the EORI number to the customs authorities of the EU country in which they are established.
- persons not established in the customs territory of the Community should request the assignment of the EORI number to the customs authorities of the EU country responsible for the place where they first lodge a declaration or apply for a decision.
Who is required to have an EORI number?
You need to use the EORI number as an identification number. You can use this number in all customs procedures when exchanging information with Customs. Also, when you carry out these customs procedures in other member states of the EU.
How do I request an EU EORI number?
Please fill in the form down below and click on ”Submit”. You will be redirected to another page with payment instructions. We will contact you as soon as the payment is received on our side. Normally we have an EORI number arranged for you within 5 business days.
‘EORI number’ is short for ‘Economic Operators Registration and Identification Number‘ and is a system of unique identification numbers used by customs authorities in the EU and U.K. You can obtain an EORI number from your country’s customs website and you must include this number on the commercial invoice.